Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just Waiting Around...

I was looking down at Red Bluff a couple of weeks ago and saw that the teddy-bear finally got my Donna Lees headstone placed. I must say, I approve of it.
I don't know if my Donna Lee specified what she wanted on it but she must have; I doubt her teddy-bear is smart enough to think things up on his own.

He spent a little while there the day it was placed. He looked so sad and alone. I almost felt sorry for him.
Just as he was leaving, he said, "I love you, Sweetie. I'll see you there before too long."

I guess he sent pictures of the headstone to a few relatives and friends. I don't think anyone has been there yet, though.

It must have been very cold in Hell last week, though, because his daughter, Margaret came up to Red Bluff and spent the weekend with him.
Margarets' daughter, Leesa, came over and spent the evening with them,-she and her three small boys. The boys seem to be a bit more well behaved than a while back.

They all went to the cemetery and visited my Donna Lee. It was a very touching visit. Leesa still has a bit of a problem with her emotions when they talk about her Grandmother. She loved her very much.
Her Grandmother was always there for the boys birthdays and other things. She even went to San Francisco with Leesa once because Leesa had to take her baby and the baby was still nursing. Her Grandmother loved her very much, too.

I need to tell all of you about the headstone. Look at the picture of it above. My picture was engraved on the top-right and a rose that grew out of my Donna Lees' cat, Skeeters, grave is engraved on the top left. She really loved that cat. I kind of liked her, too.
Here is a picture of me subduing Skeeter the first day I met her. We got along very well after that.
She thought she was a real little girl,-and she acted like it. It was a shame she was killed by a car.

Anyhow, they buried her in the back yard right by the fence and planted a rose vine on her grave.
It didn't even bud the first year but the next year, it really popped open with a great big, beautiful single rose.
They took a picture of it and that is what the rose on the headstone is patterned from. The man who made it did a very good job.

Well, I think I'll go over here behind a cloud and take a little nap. I'll be back to see you again if anything of any importance happens.

I visited the teddy-bear a few weeks ago,-just for a few seconds, just to remind him I am around. I like to see him jump in his seat when I flop my ears back and forth and make a machine gun sound.

My Donna Lee told me she visited him for just a second a few weeks back. He was having a problem deciding to sell her car and she wanted him to know it was all right. She said she called his name out, pretty loud, and he came out of his chair and called her name and looked around. What a dud!
Oh, well... I guess he loves her and misses her all the time. I know she loves and misses him. She told me so. I guess they both are just sorta waiting around,-for now, anyhow.

I hope this information has done some good for some of you. Take care and I'll see you later.

Arf...

No comments: